The easiest way to delete empty rows in Excel
This option allows direct access to various cells in Excel. You can enter the cell address in this window and find it quickly.
Shortcut key: f5 and Ctrl + G
Main path: Home > Find & Select > Go to Special .
Let’s take an example to better understand how to delete blank lines.
In sheet1 we have a series of information. Column A contains the list of representatives and columns B to E contain the numbers. As you can see in the image below, we have an empty row after each entry. Now we want to delete the blank lines.
Follow these steps to delete blank lines:
- Select range A2: E22 . This range contains blank rows. Key Ctrl + G to press on your keyboard.
- The ‘Go To’ dialog box appears. Then in the Special section > click on blanks > then click OK .
- Only empty rows are selected.
- Press Ctrl + – on your keyboard.
- The Delete dialog box appears.
- Select Shift cells up and then click OK .
- All empty rows are deleted.
With this method, you can delete empty rows in Excel software using only 2 shortcut keys.