You can get a number in square Excel with the power function, which is indicated by the symbol. Use the formula N ^ 2 = , where N is either the number or value of the cell to be empowered.
This formula can be used multiple times throughout the worksheet.
The power of a number in your cell
Follow the steps:
1. Click inside a cell in your worksheet.
2. Type N = 2 in the cell, N is the number you want to get to the power of 2. For example, type 5 to enter square in cell A1
= 5 ^ 2
3. Press Enter to see the result.
Note: You can also click on another cell to see the power of 2.
The quadratic power of a number in a different cell
Follow these steps:
1. Click inside a cell and type the number you want to multiply by 2.
2. Select another empty cell in the worksheet.
= N ^ 2
Type in an empty cell, where N is a cell reference that contains the desired numeric value for power 2. For example, to display the square of the value of cell A1 in cell B1, type A1 ^ 2 = in cell B1.
4. Press Enter to see the result.