As we mentioned in the series of attractive PowerPoint tutorials , working with slides in PowerPoint is the main topic in learning this software.
In this post, we will explain how to do things like convert slideshows, record slides, delete schedules, and then, how to hide slides and convert PowerPoint to movies.
For better learning, you can download our workout file and work on it!
There are many things to keep in mind when presenting. How long does it take? What will you say? If you were an audience, how would you view it? Fortunately, PowerPoint provides tools to help ensure how your presentation fits. In this lesson, you will learn how to preview and record. You will also learn about presentation options, such as creating a presentation video or presenting slides online to remote audiences. Finally, you will learn how to streamline your presentation with hidden or sorted slides.
It is better to be familiar with the complete tutorial on how to work with slides and their components in PowerPoint (step by step).
Repeat slideshow scheduling
You can use this exercise if you want your slides to change automatically at a specific time (without you clicking). With this feature, you can save the schedule for each slide and animation. PowerPoint then plays the presentation time according to the saved time.
1. Select the Slide show tab , then find the setting group.
2. On the Slide Show tab, click the Rehears Timing command . You return to a full screen view of your presentation.
3- Practice your presentation. When you are ready to move to the next slide, click the Next button in the recording toolbar in the upper left corner of the screen. You can also use the right arrow key.
4. When you finish the show, a dialog box will appear with the total presentation time.
5. If you are satisfied with your schedule, click Yes .
If you need to try more than once to get the timing right, the recording toolbar has options that allow you to pause across slides. To stop the timer, pause button ( Pause ) in the toolbar. Actions taken while the timer is stopped are not included in the schedule. Click the re-record button to repeat the schedule on the current slide .
Learn PowerPoint very easily and in less than 10 days with the help of this training package !
Show slide show
The slide recording feature is similar to the Rehearse Timing feature , but a little more sophisticated. If you have a microphone on your computer, you can record your voice for the entire presentation. If you make a continuous movement of your slides or a video, it will be useful for your presentation. The mouse will not be displayed on the screen of the recorded slide, so if you want to specify the details on the screen, you can use the PowerPoint laser pointer option.
1. Click on the slid show tab, then find the setting group.
2. Click the slider at the bottom of the Record Slide Show to select start Recording from Beginning or start recording Recording from Current slide .
3. A dialog box will appear. Select the desired options. Remember, if you have a microphone connected to your computer, you can only record the narration.
4. Click start recording . Your presentation will open to a full page.
5. Show your slide. If recording a story, make sure you speak clearly into the microphone. When you are ready to move to the next slide, click the Next button in the recording toolbar in the upper left corner of the screen or use the right arrow key.
6. When you finish the presentation, PowerPoint closes the full page presentation.
7- Slide show schedule and narration are included in your presentation. The slides are marked with a speaker symbol in the lower left corner.
Hold down the Ctrl key and the left mouse button to specify details during recording . The cursor shows itself as a laser pointer. Simply move your mouse to show the desired details. Release the Ctrl key when you have submitted everything .
Remove timing from recorded slides
1. Click on the Slide Show tab, then select Record Slide Show .
2. Click on the slide arrow at the bottom of the Record Slide Show .
3- Place the mouse on Clear and then select the desired option.
Important note! : Learn how to share and convert PowerPoint to video as easily as possible
Again, if you have any questions about PowerPoint or experience in working with it, ask in the comments section.