If you have just started learning Linux, we suggest installing Ubuntu on one of the virtual machine software.By installing ubuntu on vmware you can use your Windows and Ubuntu at the same time.
Step One: Build a VMware Virtual Machine
Among the virtual machine software available, VMware and VirtualBox are the most popular ones.
Choosing between VMware (commercial) or VirtualBox (free) software is a taste and both provide the right conditions for virtualization of the operating system, but because of the advantages of VMware software we use it.
To install ubuntu on vmware, your computer must have at least the following specifications:
4 GB RAM CPU Intel CORE i3
First, select Custom , and then click Next.
۳. Do not change the default settings and click Next.
۴. In the popup window there are three ways you can install Ubuntu on VMware:
- If you have Ubuntu on DVD select the installer disc option.
- If you have downloaded the Ubuntu iso file, select the installer disc image file iso option.
- (By selecting the second option, the VMware software detects the operating system and performs the installation operation for the convenience of users automatically)
- To do the Ubuntu installation process on our own, select I will install the operating system laterand add the Ubuntu iso file at the end of the process.
۵. First select linux and from the version menu select ubuntu 64-bit.
۶. The virtual machine name and storage are set by default, click Next.
۷. If your Ubuntu processor speed is important to you, allocate at least 4 CPUs to Ubuntu, depending on your computer’s hardware resources. In the Number of cores per processor section , select the number of cores.
۸. Given your computer resources, allocate it for a smoother Ubuntu 2GB of RAM.
۹. In the next steps, change the default settings and click Next.
۱۰. There are three options in the popup:
- Create a new virtual disk : Selecting the first option you can create a virtual hard disk and install Ubuntu on it. Select this option and click Next.
- use an existing virtual disk : If you have already created an operating system with this software, you can select the second option of the virtual hard disk file and then you do not need to reinstall the operating system.
- use a physical disk : The third option also directly uses your current hard drive, which is not recommended for regular users.
۱۱. To install ubuntu on vmware you need at least 20GB of dedicated hard disk space. Don’t check the Allocate all disk space now option as it will take up the amount of space allotted to your hard drive at once.
Then select the Store virtual disk option as a single file to store the virtual hard disk in a file.
۱۲. Specify the storage location of the virtual hard drive in the drive that has the required free space.
۱۳. Finally select Customize Hardware and import the Ubuntu iso file.
۱۴. By selecting the Use iso image file option and clicking Browse, we will import the Ubuntu iso file, and then close and then Finish.
Just click on Power on this virtual machine to turn on the built-in virtual machine.
Step Two: Install ubuntu on vmware
To install ubuntu on vmware, first download the LTS version according to your computer’s 2-bit or 2-bit, from the official Ubuntu site:
۱. Turning on the virtual machine will boot the Ubuntu image file and start the installation process. Click install ubuntu to install Ubuntu .
You can, of course, click on Try Ubuntu to run and test Ubuntu Live without the need for installation.
۲. In the keyboard settings, select Farsi and click Continue.
۳. Here are some options:
- Select the Normal installation option to have Ubuntu complete with its tools installed.
- If you check the Download updates while installing Ubuntu check box, new updates will be received if you are connected to the Internet, but this option is not recommended as the installation time will increase.
- By selecting the option … Install third-party software Ubuntu will install additional applications for higher performance.
۴. Here are some options on how to install:
- Erase disk and install Ubuntu : This option formats and re-partitions all hard disk information and installs Ubuntu on it. Because we use an empty virtual drive, select this option and click Install nowand then continue.
- Encrypt the new Ubuntu installation for Security : This option encrypts Ubuntu files and enhances their security.
We’ll look at the following options in installing Ubuntu alongside Windows 10 .
۵. Select Iran from the map to set the operating system clock.
۶. Lastly, click Continue to enter Ubuntu by entering your username, username and password.
۷. At the end of installing and viewing the Restart message, unmount the Ubuntu iso or DVD file from the virtual machine and then click Restart Now .
۸. To remove the Ubuntu iso file, from the VM menu, click Settings and from the CD / DVD section, select Use physical drive and click OK.
۹. After rebooting and restarting Ubuntu, simply log in to Ubuntu by selecting a username and password.
Congratulations! You have successfully installed ubuntu on vmware.
Install vmware tools on Linux
After installing Ubuntu on VMware VMware, you need to have VMware tools installed to have a full screen and file transfer between the current operating system and Ubuntu.