Updating, recompiling, VirtualHost templates, customizations, php safemode …I do not want DirectAdmin to issue an HUP or restart apache during the nightly tally.
If there you are running a service on Apache where the connection can not be broken, you may need to disable some of the apache retart options that DA uses:
1) Disable the log rotatation with the directadmin.conf option:
this will prevent the HUP from sending to the PID in /var/run/httpd.pid, at 12:10am (very start of each tally). Webalizer should still be able to work on the live logs, but it’s not recommending (in the webalizer documentation)
2) You can disable the post-tally Apache restart:
3) Another good option is to change DA to issue graceful restarts instead of full restarts, which would negate the need to use #2 above:
I’m trying to use an /icons folder with my website, but it is not working
If you are trying to use /icons with your website, this is reserved for Apache.
It is using for the icons/images, such as the folder icons with an Apache directory listing.
If possible, use a different path for your website.
If you can not get around it, then edit:
to remove or rename the Alias:
Alias /icons/ “/var/www/icons/”
This will break the apache icons, but most people will not even notice.
I want a second shared certificate on a second shared IP
There might be some cases where you would want 2 IPs, both with their own shared certificates (eg: each has it’s own wildcard certificate, or you might have 2 different hosting companies).
This can be doing for apache, but requires a few manual changes to things.
I will refer to the 2nd IP, which will be the IP we are manually going to share among many Resellers (contrary to the default behavior DA allows)
We’ll call it 220.127.116.11
1) The second IP must be “shared”.. so that people can use it. Set this at Reseller Level -> IP manager for which ever account controls the IP (eg: “admin”)
2) For any Re-seller (or just admin) that needs to have access to it, to give out to Users, it needs to be in:
eg: replace resellername with admin.. or the name of the Re-seller, etc.
It’s only really an issue if you have multiple Re-sellers/Admins.
3) The template (imporant part) is where we manually set it to use the other certificate.
cp ../ips_virtual_host.conf .
edit the custom/ips_virtual_host.conf file.
Find this line (the SSL VH on 443)):
and immediately above it, add the code:
Which it controls the automatic adding of VHs to (don’t edit this file directly):
which are the first VHs for the IP.. thus control which certificate is using. (somewhat relating explanation)
4) You might need to do the same thing for the virtual_host2_secure.conf and virtual_host2_secure_sub.conf… but in theory, should not be needed (but might be a good idea, as the VH’s cert would not match the 2nd IP cert)