If you are studying this article, you will want to access the server through the Remote Desktop application, but after entering the server information, you will encounter the following error:
An authentication error has occurred. The function requested is not supported Remote computer: <computer name=""> This could be due to CredSSP encryption oracle remediation. For more information, see https:/go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=866660
The reason for the error
This problem, which is common in Windows 10 or Windows Server 2016, is due to one of Microsoft’s security kits KB4103725, which boosts the security level of your operating system.
Error handling method
To fix this problem, simply create a small and, of course, simple change in your computer’s Group Policy. So stay tuned to us …
1. Open the Start menu on your computer and run the Run program.
2. In the Open section, type gpedit.msc and then click the Ok button.
3. Now in the new window from the list tree on the left, see the following sections:
Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> System -> Credentials Delegation -> Encryption Oracle Remediation
4. Double-click Oracle Remediation Encryption twice to open its Settings section.
5. In the first part, enable the Enabled option and then in the second section, in the Options> Protection Level field, select the Vulnerable value.
6. Click the Apply> Ok button and close the windows.
Its all done! Now you can try connecting again via Remote Desktop. Without error, your connection will be established with the server.